Water Conservation Ideas and Resources
Conserving water in everyday actions can have a huge impact on the campus footprint and help preserve NC's precious resource.
- Students and faculty regularly monitor and report leaking faucets in the school.
- Students and staff launch a water conservation campaign.
- Signs, posters and PSA's are created to help remind the school community about water conservation.
- Rain Barrels are employed to capture and reuse water for school gardens.
- Students help lead a community effort to conserve water.
- Students work with local partners to host a community Water Awareness Event.
- Students and the school community build a rainwater catchment system employing bioswales, rain gardens and other natural elements to catch, clean and filter rainwater.
Curriculum and Classroom