Steps To Apply For Recognition
Step 2: Submit registration form. This allows us to know that you have reviewed the webinar and that you intend on applying for recognition.
Step 3. Review the Rubric to gain an understanding of the overall components required for the application. The Rubric is divided into 5 components, each one tailored to lead your school through a comprehensive whole-systems review of the elements that make up your campus and support your educational mission. Make use of the NC Green Schools Resources available to you. You may also find the Rubric worksheets in Excel to be a useful tool. See More Resources section below to download.
Step 4: Pick your topics and begin to build your files for the application.
- We encourage you to create a document file on your computer for each of the rubric sections where you can edit and review your submission data. When ready to apply, you will create a final PDF and power point presentation.
- Take pictures along the way! You will have to submit 5 photos in the application.
- Collect newspaper, articles, lesson plans, workshop agendas, PowerPoint presentation, letters from community partners, videos, etc. to be uploaded with your application.
Step 5: When ready to apply, download the NC Green Schools Application and Instructions and follow the directions! Incomplete applications will not be considered. Don't forget to include a Power Point presentation with at least 5 photos with captions and the following in a PDF (all included in the Instructions document):
- Cover Sheet including Key Signatures and Image Release Consent to confirm that photos are eligible to be shared on RRR media
- Narrative Summary and Summaries for each component of the rubric with documentation/evidence.
- Rubric Submission Form
Applicants will be notified toward the end of the school year and celebration ceremonies will be coordinated with lead teachers. NC Green Schools will also manage media announcements.
*Extension requests considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
Applications tend to consist of large files. Please email it or share it on google drive with email@example.com. Thank you!