School Philosophy Ideas and Resources
Environmental themes, concepts and Green School Projects are at the core of how staff and administration think about curriculum and building operations.
- School annually recognizes Earth Day with a school wide event.
- Administration invites Solid Waste Authority to speak to all students.
- Each year the school designs a new solid waste unit which is enriched with appropriate labs for each of the different science classes.
- School literature and website talk about the importance of their green school initiatives.
- School mission or philosophy statement clearly articulates or embodies the importance of creating a green school culture.
- School principals and other key administrators are consistent public advocates for greening their school.
- Regular presentations are made to the local community to demonstrate the successes and opportunities of Green School project for students.
- What is Education for Sustainability? webinar seres by The Cloud Institute for Sustainability Education