Responsible Citizenship Resources
Students learn about the history of this country, local and national government structures and the roles and responsibilities of being a citizen.
- Students map their local community identifying public offices, common areas, parks, etc.
- Students are introduced to the roles and responsibilities of citizenship by a classroom visit from a local community government official.
- Students engage in curriculum that show the impact of one person's actions as a multiplier for community impact.
- Students study the history of individuals who have had impact on society.
- Students are visited by a local person who has made impact on their community.
- Local government meetings are monitored and are a topic for classroom discussion.
- Local issues are researched and are the foundation for projects.
- Students develop and present an impact plan to their local community on a topic of relevance.
- A student green team presents to a local government body on conservation.
- Students present and participate in a community conversation on diversity.
- Students are included on committees making decision for the school and/or local community.
- Dream of a Nation Lesson Modules
- Character Education - NC Dept of Education
- NC Civic Education Consortium
- Data Base of Civics Resources for K-12