Planing Ideas and Resources
Green School activities are systematically included as core components of major planning efforts.
- Green events are planned by one teacher, parent or classroom.
- Green school goals are integrated into one grade level core competencies.
- School has formed a school-wide Green Team consisting of teachers, administrators, students, parents and community to coordinate the systematic planning and implementation of ongoing and new Green School activities.
- School planning documents identify measurable, realistic and exciting Green School objectives.
- School participates in a district wide Green Team meeting to address Green School initiatives across the district.
- Being a Green School is formally incorporated into the School Improvement Plan, and it is a standing agenda item as SAC and or faculty meetings.
- 2011 Energy Guidelines for NC School NC Dept Of Public Instruction
- 2012 High Performance Schools Guidelines NC Dept of Public Instruction
- USGBC Center for Green Schools Planning Guides