Health and Fitness Ideas and Resources
High standards for nutrition, fitness and outdoor quality time have a positive impact on the health of the students.
- Class room teachers add activity modules to class work.
- The students participate in a group hike as part of one of their classes.
- The school encourages teachers to get students moving in outdoor activities as part of their regular classes.
- The students create a school wide challenge to get everyone moving more.
- Walk to School USA
- Walk to School International
- Fruits and Veggies More Matters - National Cancer Institute
- NCDOT Division of Bicycling and Pedestrian Transportation
- Google Map Pedometer
- NC Healthy Schools- NC Dept of Public Instruction
- NC School Health Connection
- UNC Center of Health Promotion
- Log It! - PE Central
- A School Nurse’s Guide to Kids’ Health and Safety