Environmental Education Resources
Students study environmental topics and explore possible local, state, national or global solutions with a focus on community-oriented approach.
- The school offers an environmental education class or club to its students,
- The school engages environmental focuses in a multitude of classes,
- The school encourages students to design and participate in environmental projects,
- The school has ingrained environmental education into all of their curriculum and school philosophy.
- NC Office of Environmental Education
- Natural Inquirer a Middle School Education Journal
- Project Wild K-12 Curriculum and Activities- Council for Environmental Education (CEE)
- Teacher Resources and Lesson Plans - USEPA
- Susatinability Lesson Clearinghouse - Elementary, Middle and High School -Green Education Foundation
- Wet in the City - K-12 Curriculum and Activities - CEE
- The Investi-gator for 5th graders - Cradle of Forestry Interpretive Association
Resources for Environmental Education Educators
- Environmental Education Publications - USEPA
- Web Resources for Teachers - USDA and USDA Forest Service
Opportunities for Students
Project Learning Tree ® (PLT) is an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12. PLT is a program of the American Forest Foundation. It is one of the most widely used environmental education programs in the United States and abroad, and continues to set the standard for environmental education excellence.
- English Language Arts for PreK-8
- Mathematics PreK-8
- Environmental Education Guide for PreK-8
- Environmental Education for Kindergarten
- High School Biology, Civics and Economics, Earth & Environmental Sciences and 21st Century Georgraphy