Community Partnerships Ideas and Resources
Non-school community members are engaged actively and regularly support students and teachers, and are invited to actively help plan and implement learning projects for and with students.
- The school works periodically with local organizations, businesses or non profits to engage the students with their community.
- The school has developed partnership relationship with community groups to use the classrooms for community presentations and events.
- The school library is used by the community.
- The school works regularly with a local organization to engage the students with an ongoing community project
- The school garden raises plants that they give to a local food bank.
- The school has policies and guidelines that create standing partnerships for community use of the campus.
- The school garden is a year round community garden.
- Parent and Family Involvement Toolkit - NC DPI
- Community Schools - Partnerships for Excellence - Coalition for Community Schools