CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY:
When you transfer cash, securities or other property to the Center for the Environment, you (or up to two annuitants of your choice) will be paid a lifetime annuity.
The benefits of an immediate payment charitable gift annuity include:
- an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and the Center for the Environment later
The deferred payment option allows you to build retirement earnings by deferring the onset of annuity payments (recommended for younger donors). Beginning on a specified date in the future, the Center for the Environment at Catawba College begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants of your choice, fixed annuity payments for life.
The benefits of the deferred payment option include the following:
- a higher annuity rate
- a larger charitable deduction
- the flexibility to target your annuity payments to begin when you need them most, such as retirement or when a grandchild needs help with tuition payment
- the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a gift that will benefit both you and the Center for the Environment for years to come.